Music education is about so much more than teaching a child—or even an adult—how to play the piano or another instrument. Music education offers many benefits beyond developing a budding artist.
- Brain exercise: Music stretches and tones the brain for auditory fitness as the musician’s mind learns to decipher between tone and pitch.
- Multiple skill development: Playing an instrument involves using your hands and/or feet, as well as your senses—and usually all at once!
- Critical thinking: People who study a musical instrument tend to have enhanced critical thinking skills
- Increased neural activity: Research shows that those involved in music have larger growth of neural activity than people not in music training.
- Improved grades: Students who participate in high-quality music programs score 22 percent better on English and 20 percent better on math standardized exams.
Whether you’re looking for an instructor, or for ideas on how to enhance the music education environment at your school, Piano Solutions can help. Give us a call today at (317) 582-1946.